Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hot pink shabby chic pink number dresser

Randy brought home a fabulous little dresser from Goodwill for me yesterday. I jumped right into the project because I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it...Here it is before I got my hands on it...


My inspiration for the piece was some brown paper with pink polka dots that I planned to decopodge to the interior of the drawers. I only had a deep pink paint, so I mixed it with some white to get the desired color....









I am in love with the big chunky white knobs. The numbers were added for a little whimsy. I can see this dresser in any room.....A bathroom holding linens. In a mudroom housing hats, gloves, etc. And of course would go great in a little girl's room or playroom....

I hope everyone is having a fabulous New Year's Day....

Take care,
Lisa


Linking here:
The Shabby Chic Cottage
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
Common Ground
French Country Cottage
Finding Fabulous
My Romantic Home
A Little Lovely Bug

15 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this piece! The pink,numbering,hardware and interior all comes together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bright, fun piece! I love the color, knobs and numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely loving the colour, very cute, fab blog too, careen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa,

    Awesome!! Seems you are the first to take the plunge using the color of 2011. Love, love, love what you did with this. A perfect trash to treasure!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOT, HOT, HOT! Gorgeous ... love the pink and the numbers! This would look beautiful in a girl's room! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color, chunky knobs and numbers! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE IT!!! At first on the link up at the party, I thought it was red but PinK!! Fantastic and Love the numbers- great project to start off the new year!! Thanks for sharing at my party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this!! I would have this in my room in a second! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome. I am so impressed with the way you keep coming up with fresh ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a dresser that I want to put numbers on too. It looks like you handpainted the numbers on or did you use a stencil??
    So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lisa,

    I've been reading about your blog loss all over blog land. Luckily your loss taught many of us a valuable lesson. I am thankful for that.
    I also found your blog for the first time and added myself as a follower. I look forward to what you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the pink and think we will see much more of it this year! Love your distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you know the color of paint that was used?Where did you get the knobs? And also... do you use stencils?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you put numbers on it. I also love the color. it's a good mix of pink and red.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete

shinarmountaindesign@gmail.com