Thursday, January 27, 2011

Vintage dish cake plates.....

The kids had a snow day AGAIN today. This is the most shoveling I remember doing in years. So like yesterday, I only have a small project to share today.....

You have probably seen the dessert and jewelry dishes around blogland that people are making from vintage dishes. Today I am going to share two that I put together.

I purchase the dishes and vases from thrift stores. I pay anywhere from 50 cents to $1 a piece. Here are the items for the two I will be sharing today.





To attach the pieces I use an epoxy that adheres ceramic and glass to each other.




The finished products are great for desserts, cakes, fruits, soap, jewelry, etc....



Be sure to stop by and enter my Etsy seller giveaway.



Check out the great parties I am linking this project up to HERE

10 comments:

  1. ANOTHER snow day?! HOw fun! And wow your cake plates are adorable. I've always dreamed of having one, but I kind of don't trust my roommates not to break it (;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those turned out perfect! You sure have an eye for all things creative ;)
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shudder at the visual image of you shoveling that loooooooooooong driveway of yours! Another great craft with the kids! These are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I will definitely have to try this project. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. going to have to get that epoxy! i made abunch last year and they didn't stick- my mom and i did them together and were so frustrated! i saved all the pieces so i could do it again one day- thanks for inspiring and letting me know what works!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very cute!
    You always have such great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is awesome Lisa, I love the pedestals and how you made them, Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! I might try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been dying to try this project. So steankin cute!! Johnnie

    ReplyDelete

shinarmountaindesign@gmail.com