A while back I had bought a full size ugly wood headboard. Unfortunately I don't have before pictures because it was purchased pre blogging days. Anyway, I decided I was going to turn it into a coat/towel rack. I painted it a very pale blue and distressed it.
Next, being that it is so large, I needed to find substantially sized hooks. During my search I realized how expensive hooks are. It was getting to the point where one hook was going to cost more than what I payed for the headboard. Then I got lucky and stumbled across a 4 pack of hooks at TJ MAXX on clearance for $5.99.
I was not liking the prints at all. I'm not much of an earth tone gal, and although I love TJ MAXX, they looked to "TJ MAXX" if you know what I mean. So I decided to change the print. I found something I liked online and printed it out.
Then I traced the circles and came up with 4 new prints for my hooks.
I mod podged them on and removed the hook from the backside to replace on the front side.
Once dry, I sprayed Krylon polyurethane to the top of all 4.
Once the poly dried, I added Gorilla Glue to the backside of each circle.
I screwed these to the headboard using the Gorilla Glue for extra security.
I painted numbers above each hook and here is the finished product:
Linking to THESE parties....