Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The story of a vintage trunk

Although I love to paint and re-do vintage pieces, I do like a
"good story" behind a piece too.

My father found yet another great and free piece for me. It is an old footlocker trunk. I was going to paint it up really cute, but the history and originality of the piece drew me in and I have decided to keep it as is.







Remeber back in the day when states were abbreviated with 3 or 4 letters rather than the 2 we use now. I totally for got that CT used to be Conn. Love that the address was handpainted on the top of the trunk and shipped like this.....

9 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful trunk just the way it is and I'm glad you are leaving it instead of painting it. Some things are historically valued as they are. A wonderful piece of history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so cool and you made the right call to keep as is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trunk is amazing. I love the lettering. I am glad that you didn't change anything. It will be an interesting piece in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you left it as is--I love the stories that come with old things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO SO SO SO COOL!!!! Definitely best left alone ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good call! It is great original.
    ~Debra xxx
    capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you didn't change it. Way cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has such semental value to you. You probably want to leave it as is.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete

shinarmountaindesign@gmail.com